    the X5DA8? Any problems? I have a Ti4600 graphics adapter so the ATI
    problems will not affect me. I have Registered PC2100 RAM already.
    I would get a PC Power and Cooling 510XE power supply.

    Michael A. McKenney, Sep 28, 2003

  2. Michael A. McKenney

    RickB Guest

    I had a Tyan 2460 Dual AMD board. I replaced it for the same reason with a
    XDA8. I love it. It's the most stable board I've ever had (and I do have
    an ATI).

    RickB, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Michael A. McKenney

    daytripper Guest

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 16:53:31 -0400, "RickB"
    <> wrote:

    >I had a Tyan 2460 Dual AMD board. I replaced it for the same reason with a
    >XDA8. I love it. It's the most stable board I've ever had (and I do have
    >an ATI).
    >
    >"Michael A. McKenney" <> wrote in message
    >> I am going to replace my Tyan Thunder K7 board because I need a 64/66
    >> slot for my LSI Logic MegaRAID 320-2 SCSI RAID controller. I am
    >> considering both the Tyan Thunder i7505 and Supermicro X5DA8. I have
    >> only used Tyan boards and never used any Supermicro boards. How is
    >> the X5DA8? Any problems? I have a Ti4600 graphics adapter so the ATI
    >> problems will not affect me. I have Registered PC2100 RAM already.
    >> I would get a PC Power and Cooling 510XE power supply.

    I've been running an X5DAE for a handful of months now. This is essentially
    the same board as the X5DA8 but without the embedded scsi host adapter (as we
    already had access to qlogic scsi cards for that).

    Running XP Pro SP-1+, it gets pounded all day.
    It has never, ever crashed.

    They got this board right...

    /daytripper

    daytripper, Oct 6, 2003