x60 BIOS setup

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by lol, Sep 17, 2012.

  1. lol

    lol Guest

    a friend's X60 wants some tlc - it won't standby - not closing the lid, and
    no sleep option on shutdown menu.
    The only way to stop it is a complete shutdown - bit daft for a laptop.

    First thing I try is to check BIOS settings, and I am stuck at the first
    gate - pressing IBM key on bootup just gives me options
    Windows
    System Restore
    and the last appears to be Windows restore - I am not finding BIOS setting
    at all!
    Boot F1
    Boot Ctrl
    nope, just windows restore.
    I suspect this is a 2nd user system that has been wiped, as C: is not called
    Preload and there are no IBM Tools or IBM Share as I am used to on my T43

    Advice please - not sure if a BIOS update is next step?

    many thanks - I'm sure its elementary to someone who knows X60s!

    lol, Sep 17, 2012

  2. lol

    News Guest

    Run a complete System Update; BIOS and drivers.

    News, Sep 17, 2012

  3. BIOS *and* embedded controller *and then* drivers.

    Christoph

    Christoph Schmees, Sep 17, 2012
  4. lol

    News Guest

    Attempting to update BIOS will force an embedded controller update, if
    required.

    News, Sep 17, 2012
  5. lol

    Lol Guest

    Done that, let System Update load everything it wanted to do, interupted
    boot with ,<IBM key> and hooray ESC gets me into BIOS settings!
    Boohoo, as soon as I go down to Power to see what the settings are it locks
    solid as it highlights <Keyboard/Mouse>? Unrelated or what?

    Lol, Sep 19, 2012
  6. lol

    News Guest

    KB/Trackpoint failure? Can you get into system test?

    News, Sep 19, 2012
  7. lol

    ldwilmer99 Guest

    It recovered just fine by pulling battery and power.
    Can't find anything called System test, but do now have Productivity Centre..
    However, been all through that and through BIOS settings (now v 2.18) and can't see anything related to getting standby to work.
    Suggestions please!

    ldwilmer99, Sep 23, 2012