    doubt with all the other devices (8 SATA drives, graphics adapter, CD
    ROM, etc.) will come close to 250W. Then
    why on earth would they require such a highend PSU?

    Erasmo Acosta, Mar 7, 2008

  2. Erasmo Acosta

    HiThere Guest

    The SM X7D series of Mobo's are all Server/Workstation boards. Between the
    Chipset and the onboard acc you have a BIG potential for power drain from
    most systems using this board. I have 7-500GB SATA HDD's plus a 1-160GB
    Raptor SATA HDD in my SM chassis with a X7DAL-E Mobo. Add two Video cards
    and you can see where the power need comes from. Place this Mobo in a SM
    SC743T Chassis and there will be NO issues with a PS…it comes with a 645W.
    Other Chassis in this set have over 800W PS!
    Hope this helps.
    DER

    HiThere, Mar 14, 2008