    Wookie Guest

    Anybody have a X800 GTO ??? and your impressions. The reviews are really
    fantastic.

    Wookie, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Wookie

    eventerke Guest

    If you can wait, I wouldn't touch any X800 card until the X1xxx launch
    in Nov - that's when the deals will really kick in.

    Kendt

    eventerke, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Wookie

    NightSky 421 Guest

    Indeed, this should be a good Christmas buying season regardless of if you
    want the new tech or previous gen stuff. But with a 9800 Pro, I just simply
    don't need a new video card yet.

    NightSky 421, Oct 5, 2005
  4. I've got one- it replaced a shot 9800 pro and I have to say- whether
    it's the change from AGP to PCIex (which the benchmarks indicate
    doesn't really make any difference) or the new card, there's a very big
    difference in image quality under BF2. It runs faster and I'm able to
    run everything on High at 1280. At times I just stop and admire the
    screen- it's that good. As far as bargins go, I bought because I
    haven't noticed ATI cards actually losing that much value over time
    even with new generations coming out. Maybe over the course of two
    years they lose value but not in six months or so.

    justin.seiferth, Oct 5, 2005
  5. Wookie

    Derek Baker Guest

    The launch was today, though some of them won't be available until about
    November.

    Derek Baker, Oct 5, 2005
  6. Wookie

    First of One Guest

    The X1800XL has ETA Oct. 12 at Monarch Computers, though preordering it
    costs a good $100 more than a 7800GT, which is available, today. We'll see
    if prices drop to more sensible levels.

    First of One, Oct 6, 2005