X800 no power cable connected error Help!

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Nick Dalton, Feb 23, 2005.

  1. Nick Dalton

    Nick Dalton Guest

    I bought this card a few weeks ago and had an initial "no power cable
    connected" message on booting. This was cure by a gentle jiggle of the
    power lead or making sure the card was seated properly in the slot.

    The message occured about half a dozen or so times now I can't get the
    machine to boot with the card in at all.

    I have a 350W supply but only 1 HDD and CD-ROM. I tried a friends 450W
    supply with no difference.

    I replaced the cable that supplies the card and HDD as I though that may be
    worn, but no success.

    It's a second hand card so I can't send it back to anyone.... 8(

    Any suggestions on what else I can try?? Anything? Voodoo?

    I'd hate to have to shell out again for another, at least not till I get a
    pay rise in April !!

    TIA

    Nick Dalton, Feb 23, 2005

  2. Nick Dalton

    Conor Guest

    Take it to an electronics repair shop and ask them to resolder the
    joints on the power connector.

    Conor, Feb 23, 2005

  3. Nick Dalton

    Nick Dalton Guest

    Will try that !! Cheers 8))

    Nick Dalton, Feb 25, 2005
  4. Nick Dalton

    Nick Dalton Guest

    Tried it, no joy! Left with a £200+ paperweight !!!

    Unless anyone has anymore ideas.........

    Nick Dalton, Mar 4, 2005