    overclock and unlock the extra pipes ?

    If you can help please do, my 9600 pro needs to replaced.

    Thanks.

    Avid Gamer, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Avid Gamer

    Chip Guest

    Noisy? Well I have a pretty quiet PC and I can't hear mine. I wouldn't say
    they are noisy at all, and I am fairly fussy. To put it in perspective the
    card is a lot quiter than the 9700 Pro it replaced!

    As to "uses too much power", well what is too much? It will work on a good
    300w PSU, which is the minimum spec AMD and Intel recommend anyway. And I
    have seen it work fine on a number of Shuttle boards with only 200w PSU's.

    I don't mean to start a flame ware here, and if you want to go for an
    X800Pro Vivo, then I am sure that's a fine card too. But if your reasons
    are noise and power, then I think you are mistaken.

    Chip

    Chip, Oct 7, 2004

  3. Avid Gamer

    BigJIm Guest

    not noisy at all

    BigJIm, Oct 7, 2004
  4. Avid Gamer

    Avid Gamer Guest

    What brands do you two have ?

    Realy depends on the cooling solution the cards use i suppose, your
    two cards must be two of the good solutions.

    Avid Gamer, Oct 7, 2004
  5. Avid Gamer

    Chip Guest

    Personally I have a BFG - with the standard cooler, rather than the BFG
    special one.

    You here is at boot time when the fan spins up to full speed. Then when you
    get into windows, the fan throttles back down and you don't hear it any
    more. You can then game away all you like and the fan never speeds up
    again, so it remains effectively silent.

    Chip

    Chip, Oct 7, 2004
  6. Avid Gamer

    Chip Guest

    Eh? I meant "You hear it...."

    Dunno how I managed to type that. Anyway...

    Chip, Oct 7, 2004