    comes up and says that I should install VGA driver first, as there was some
    type of problem.

    Anyone have this issue?

    News Reeder, Nov 27, 2005

  2. News Reeder

    M. Ziegler Guest

    Install the latest driver from the ATI website. Works with my X800XL!

    Michael

    M. Ziegler, Nov 27, 2005

  3. News Reeder

    News Reeder Guest

    what version M. Ziegler?

    News Reeder, Nov 27, 2005
  4. News Reeder

    The Outsider Guest

    What it's saying is that you should go to device manager and change
    the driver to standard vga driver then install the manufacturer's
    drivers.

    The Outsider, Nov 27, 2005
  5. News Reeder

    News Reeder Guest

    Hello:

    So where I had an X thru the hardware, I now have a !.
    and windows sees x800 series, then gives message box, "cannot install this
    hardware" The system cannot find file specified.

    News Reeder, Nov 27, 2005
  6. News Reeder

    M. Ziegler Guest

    CAT 5.11. Download the uninstall utility first and remove the old driver.

    Michael

    M. Ziegler, Nov 27, 2005
  7. News Reeder

    The Outsider Guest

    Get ATI CAT uninstaller from ATI website. Uninstall the drivers by
    just double clicking that file and let it reboot, then install the
    latest drivers again.

    The Outsider, Nov 29, 2005
  8. News Reeder

    News Reeder Guest