    urh Guest

    pcconnection has X800Xt PE for $464 plus $10 shipping, but with RAMDAC
    clock speed of 400MHz, is the core clock speed 400MHz as well?

    urh, Jul 25, 2004

  2. urh

    Ben Pope Guest

    The RAMDAC is 400MHz, the core clock is about 500MHz on a X800XT and RAM
    should be around "1120MHz" DDR3.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Jul 25, 2004

  3. urh

    RaceFace Guest

    The RAMDAC is the digital-to-analog converter; this is what the card uses to
    feed the analog port you plug your monitor into. The faster this is, the
    higher the resolution and higher the refresh rate the video card is capable
    of outputting. You can't change it's speed at all. Most new cards seem to
    have a 400MHz one as standard.

    RaceFace, Jul 26, 2004
  4. urh

    JB Guest

    Correction, PC connection does not have these cards.

    Jeff B

    JB, Jul 28, 2004