    is the PE really worth that much more money? And how many FPS difference
    would I see, all things being equal???

    thanks

    GLeger, Oct 26, 2004

  2. GLeger

    Andi Cole Guest

    My XT runs at PE clocks with no additional cooling.

    Andi.

    Andi Cole, Oct 26, 2004

  3. GLeger

    andyw Guest

    My ASUS XT is running quite abit higher than a PE.

    It is water cooled though, although saying that it did come with a
    massive great fan /copper heatsink which should be excellent at cooling
    on its own.

    I used ATItools to do the overclocking.

    andyw, Oct 26, 2004
  4. GLeger

    First of One Guest

    The framerate increase going from a XT to XT PE would be proportional to the
    clock speed difference, under the most optimistic conditions (i.e. not very
    much).

    Grab the X800XT. And if the speed in games is insufficient for you,
    overclock it.

    **** ATi and nVidia with their paper launches. 4 months after the "launch"
    and the flagship cards are still nowhere to be seen.

    First of One, Oct 27, 2004