X9SCM-F fans min/max

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by potatoEater, Oct 17, 2019.

  1. potatoEater

    potatoEater

    Fans go to max, then down to minimum, back up to max again.
    Using Noctua 1200RPM fans.

    Updated IPMI and BIOS to latest.
    Thresholds set to ultra-low values (manufacturer recommended low is 200RPM), restarted BMC via IPMI maintenance. IPMI reports nothing wrong with fan speed, no thresholds reached, no entries in logs, system health is peachy.

    upload_2019-10-17_22-3-22.png

    All fans are synchronized and have full "range of motion". RPM readings seem valid without any apparent glitching.

    Tried BIOS Fan setting: Standard, Optimized, Heavy IO with no different results.

    I'm at wits end here. Can't sleep with the fans going WEEEeeeeeeeeeeee.....WEEEeeeeeeeeeeee.....WEEEeeeeeeeeeeee..... every 20 seconds.

    potatoEater, Oct 17, 2019