XBox 2 Development Kits available NOW ( Alpha version )

Discussion in 'ATI' started by R420, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. R420

    R420 Guest

    http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10489&highlight=xenon

    QUOTE:

    "Well apparently the word in the streets ( good streets ) of the
    Informatic High-way is that Xbox 2: ( code-name Xenon ) Development
    Kit in Alpha version are coming out... NOW.

    Yes, it seems that for the elected few who have received notification
    and have agreements with Microsoft, they can download the Alpha XDK (
    Xenon Development Kit ) as we speak.

    The next revision of the SDK should be out around the first or second
    week of April.

    Discuss.

    Oh, there is e-DRAM on the GPU: it should be for textures ( this is
    the voice going around ) like on GCN's Flipper chip ( the Texture
    Cache ), but I do not know if they will also store the back-buffer and
    Z-buffer in the e-DRAM.

    Yes, the SDK give you a nice look of the machine specs and features...
    or so I hear."

    http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10489&highlight=xenon

    R420, Feb 27, 2004

  2. R420

    xTenn Guest

    Coolness.

    BTW, The total shippping weight for the SDK is 32 pounds, 30 of which is for
    legal forms dealing with the non-disclosure.

    xTenn, Feb 27, 2004

  3. R420

    John Lewis Guest

    And the SDK only runs on a Mac, so I hear......not unexpectedly
    considering the PowerPC core........

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Feb 28, 2004