Xeon 533 FSB or P4 800 FSB ?

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Manish M., Dec 4, 2003.

  1. Manish M.

    Manish M. Guest

    Hi Guya,

    I am planing to build a high performance workstation. So I know I want a
    dual chip system with SCSI.

    Form Intel's site it appears that Xeon is a better chip BUT the current
    Xeon available here in Toronto is mainly 533 Mhz FSB.

    These days the P4 with 800 FSB AND higher clock rate is very common in fact.
    So I am wondering weather I should realy bother going with Xeon.

    Xeon has parrallel instruction (in some instructions) BUT then P4 is higher
    FSB.

    Also if I build the system on 800 FSB I can go get a faster BUS on
    motherboard.

    Another problem with Xeon is (I think not sure though) that it has different
    pin config so I cannot move to P4 later if I want to .

    Any comments ?

    -Thanks
    Manish M

    Manish M., Dec 4, 2003