    few months.
    Thanks in advance for your comments
    Gp

    GIPI, Feb 14, 2004

  2. GIPI

    Papa Schultz Guest

    Xeon is medieval compared to P4E.
    Opteron is the best cpu.

    You shouldn't be tempted to invest in a dual cpu system.
    simply take 2 boxes with one cpu you get the same result with half price.
    As you're not performance geek, one box will suffice, don't you think?
    Every cpu system get obsolete quickly!

    If i dont convince you, get opteron.

    Papa Schultz, Feb 14, 2004

  3. GIPI

    GIPI Guest

    Hi,
    tks for your reply. I was thinging about the new Xeons with the
    Hyperthread tecnology, but I agree it's definately old compared to the
    Opteron. I am more worried about the 64bit OS question that I feel will
    become quite important in less time than we think (thanks to AMD).
    Yes you are right about buying one box, I'd save a lot more money.
    In anycase you've answered my question, because the opteron offers more
    in terms of the system getting obsolete.
    Thanks again
    Gp

    GIPI, Feb 18, 2004