    would have thought as long as AGP 8x is supported by motherboard and
    video card, there are no other compatibility issues.

    Any hints/ideas will be very appreciated.

    Rahul Kuchhal, May 16, 2004

  2. Rahul Kuchhal

    anon Guest

    Tried uninstalling Display drivers in Add/Remove dialogue, rebooting,
    stopping the found new hardware wizard on reboot.Then using FX5200 cd for
    installing drivers?

    anon, May 18, 2004

  3. Rahul Kuchhal

    Yves Leclerc Guest

    Install the motherboard chipset drivers so as to have the AGP slot drivers
    installed.

    Yves Leclerc, May 18, 2004
  4. I tried that several times. Infact last time I uninstalled all the
    video as well as motherboard drivers. Booted Windows in safe mode,
    deleted all the lingering files and then installed the drivers again.
    But no luck!

    Rahul Kuchhal, May 18, 2004
  5. Rahul Kuchhal

    Anybody Guest

    Sounds like a bad card maybe?

    Anybody, May 18, 2004
  6. Rahul Kuchhal

    Darthy Guest

    Download AIDA32 - and confirm your hardware items.

    www.aida32.hu - But the developer has sold his tech to a company
    (basiclly) but the HOME version is still available for free here:
    http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1

    Darthy, May 18, 2004
  7. Rahul Kuchhal

    Matt Guest

    Maybe it IS an MX420? Check the FCC ID and other markings on the board.

    Matt, May 27, 2004
  8. Rahul Kuchhal

    Charlie Guest

    I bought a "new" FX5200 from Walmart and it is in reality a Ti4200 that was
    already overclocked too!!!!!!

    Some butheads try the switcheroo trick by applying the wrong bar code
    sticker and then returning a lesser product for a better one.

    But in my case the buthead screwed himself. This overclocked Ti4200 smokes
    any FX5200.....(not literally)

    Maybe yours got switched..dunnno - YMMV

    My original posts about this are still available in Google...

    --

    - Charlie in Mississippi
    - "Keep the Blues Alive"

    - now booking in the southeast

    Charlie, May 27, 2004
  9. Rahul Kuchhal

    Darthy Guest

    Yeah, I remember YOU... heh... people still laugh about it I think.

    - - - - -
    Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

    - 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
    - White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
    God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

    Darthy, May 27, 2004