xfx warranty - I wouldn't buy from this company.

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by darcy, Aug 24, 2006.

  1. darcy

    darcy Guest

    The warranty compared to BFG's and Sapphire are twice as good.

    BFG is simply don't overclock the already overclocked video card.

    **********
    This is XFX's warranty.

    Protect Your Card-And Its Next Owner-With XFX's Breakthrough Double
    Lifetime Warranty

    Introducing the XFX Double Lifetime Warranty.

    What does it mean for you?
    Simple: Protection.

    What does it mean for your card's next owner?*
    Easy: Protection.

    Here's the deal: We will repair and service your 6-Series or 7-Series
    Graphics Card for as long as you own it. All you have to do is register
    the card with us online. And, should you sell or transfer the card,
    we'll honor the warranty for the card's second owner, too, as long as
    they register it with us online. You get protection AND the added value
    of being able to pass along a full warranty with the card should you
    sell or otherwise transfer it. Now that's a Double Lifetime Warranty!

    *Based on online registration. Warranty applies regardless of whether
    the card has been transferred or sold, or previously repaired or
    replaced by XFX.

    XFX is excited to announce another industry first: The XFX Double
    Lifetime Warranty! Now you—and your card’s next owner—are both covered
    by the XFX “shield” of protection. Should something go wrong with your
    Series 6 or greater Graphics Card, and you’ve registered the card with
    us online, we’ll cover the cost of repair and service—absolutely free!
    And, should you sell or transfer ownership of the card, the same service
    applies to the next owner, as long as they register the card with us
    online.

    Now, it’s all fairly simple, but here are the Double Lifetime Warranty
    specifics:

    1. The XFX Double Lifetime Warranty goes into effect once the initial
    purchaser (owner #1) registers the product with us on www.xfxforce.com.
    At that time, XFX promises that the graphics card purchased (Product)
    will remain free from any defects in material or workmanship for the
    lifetime of the Product, as long as the Product is used properly.
    2. “Proper Usage” is defined as normal wear and tear. Should the
    Product be modified or damaged as the result of overclocking, tampering,
    alteration, misuse, abuse, power supply, power application, or repair by
    other than XFX the warranty is VOID.
    3. Other situations that VOID the warranty include:
    * Damage to the card upon installation
    * Damage caused by software or hardware incompatibility or by
    motherboard incompatibility (if other than XFX software or hardware).
    * Was not operated in accordance with XFX specifications,
    instructions or technical support directions.
    * Physical damage to the PCB, GPU or components
    4. Additionally, third party products used in tandem with this
    Product are not covered by this warranty.
    5. Finally, Points 1-4 also apply to the Product's second owner
    (owner #2). In order to be covered by the warranty, the second owner
    will have to register the Product with us online at www.xfxforce.com
    just as the original owner did.
    6. If the original owner did not properly register the Product with
    XFX, the warranty is VOID for both the original owner and the secondary
    owner.
    7. If the original owner did properly register the Product with XFX,
    but the secondary owner did not, the warranty is VOID for the secondary
    owner.

    What the XFX Double Lifetime Warranty covers:

    1. The XFX Double Lifetime Warranty covers only the repair of a
    Series 6 or Series 7 Graphics Card. XFX will repair or replace the
    Product to bring it to a state that is free of defects in material or
    workmanship (no refunds). XFX makes no other warranty, express or
    implied. Purchaser (owner #1 or owner #2) pays for shipping to XFX.
    2. Secondary owners (owner #2) are subject to parts availability and
    may incur a charge for the cost of the part**. Service and repair
    remains free of charge.
    3. Additionally, XFX reserves the right to inspect and verify the
    defects of the Product(s) that are returned.

    XFX's liability under the Double Lifetime Warranty is limited to the
    repair, or, at XFX's discretion, the replacement of the portion(s) of
    the Product that are found to be defective in material or workmanship.
    The Double Lifetime Warranty does not apply to software components.

    To request a Double Lifetime Warranty repair, simply go to our Help Desk
    and fill out a Support Ticket. By shipping the Product to XFX, you
    assume the risk of loss in transit. Products returned to XFX become the
    sole property of XFX during the assessment and repair/replacement
    process.

    XFX reserves the right to claim shipping fees as well as a service
    charge* from the purchaser (owner #1 or #2) for any incomplete or
    modified Product that is returned and that requires repair or
    replacement, or when the Purchaser (owner #1 or #2) is not entitled to
    any coverage under the XFX Double Lifetime Warranty.

    Valid only to purchases made in North America (USA or Canada).

    * Service charge is variable based upon actual material costs to repair
    or replace missing or modified parts to return them to original factory
    condition.
    ** Actual cost of part(s) will be determined upon receipt and inspection
    of the returned card.

    **********************

    darcy, Aug 24, 2006

  2. darcy

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'darcy' wrote, in part:
    | The warranty compared to BFG's and Sapphire are twice as good.
    |
    | BFG is simply don't overclock the already overclocked video card.
    ..
    _____

    What did you mean to say?

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Aug 24, 2006

  3. darcy

    Tim S. Guest

    I have been a loyal BFG owner for years. They are probably the best
    company short of Newegg in the market today. I just recently went back
    to ATI. But if I was buying Nvidia it would defiantly be a BFG.... Just
    for their class act and warranty...

    Tim

    Tim S., Aug 24, 2006
  4. darcy

    First of One Guest

    Look for Visiontek-branded ATi cards. :)

    Unfortunately Visiontek doesn't offer all the cards in the ATi lineup (e.g.
    they have a X1900XTX but no XT).

    First of One, Aug 24, 2006
  5. darcy

    musaji

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    XFX video cards and warranty sucks big time!!!

    Had an issue with the XFX 8600 GT video card which broke down few days ago. The XFX support refused to honor their 'lifetime' warranty stating that I should have registered online (which I don't see anywhere on the newegg site as well as the box). The newegg CS suggested that I talk to XFX again and they still refused to honor the warranty. I am never buying from XFX (at least).:(

    musaji, Nov 17, 2009
  6. darcy

    steve0622

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    XFX buyer beware! Misleading warrantee!

    I had the same problem as above. Nothing in the sales slip, box or documentation said anything about the "lifetime" warrantee dropping to a 1 year if you don't register within 30 days. This is a dishonest move buy a company I will never buy from again (I have 3 8800GTS's). :mad:

    steve0622, Dec 5, 2009