    Can I stick a xp 2500 333 barton in a ECS K7S5a and run it at 266?
    If so can I see a improvment over a Duron 900?
    TIA

    James Henry, Dec 13, 2005

  2. James Henry

    Wes Newell Guest

    Yes, and definately yes, but you'd be better off with an XP-M or MP that
    you can use to it's full potential. They are both /266 cpu's. The 2500+
    will only run at 11x133 (1466MHz) unless you use a modded bios that will
    let you run the bus at 166Mhz, or the 2500+ is unlocked and you can set
    the multiplier higher.

    Wes Newell, Dec 13, 2005