    board does not support 333 fsb.

    Well thats waht i thought can a bios upgrade change that ??

    Thanks.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Sep 6, 2003

    R_Supp Guest

    I reckon a 2400 is the highest you will be able to use because it has 266
    fsb.

    R_Supp, Sep 6, 2003

    Wes Newell Guest

    So what's holding you back. Do it.
    Doesn't mean crap.
    If the chipset doesn't support a 166MHz fsb, then bios upgrades aren't
    going to fix hardware. But don't let that limit what you can do with the
    board. Basically you can run any amd cpu made on it. You just have to set
    it to a lower FSB and raise the multiplier. Want 2200Mhz or more? Tbred B
    core or barton. You can get a B core for under $50US. Or a Barton 2500+
    for about $85US. See link below for more info.

    Wes Newell, Sep 6, 2003

    steve Guest

    There is a xp2600 with a 266fsb but it is harder to come by then the 333
    version....
    Steve

    steve, Sep 6, 2003

    Rabramson1 Guest

    i have a xp2600 266 MHz.....

    Rabramson1, Sep 6, 2003
  6. I live in Australia to and asked the same question about a month ago, your
    chances of finding one are "buckleys".
    What I did was upgraded my system, for a $1000 I got a AMD 3000+, 400MHZ FSB
    GIGabyte mainboard and 1024mb DDR400 ram. If you have the spare money email
    me and I will tell you where I got it from, the performance increase was
    unbelievable compared to running the Athlon Xp 2400+ with 512mb SDRAM, I
    picked up an extra 5500 points in 3DMark 2001.

    Where's Wally, Sep 7, 2003

    Steve Vai Guest

    ya but was a cpu/board and ram worth $1000 for that? is that aussie
    currency? whats that in the USA?

    Steve Vai, Sep 7, 2003
  8. Well if you find out a place in australia that sells them let me
    know.

    Thanks.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Sep 16, 2003
  9. great help !!!

    Where did you get it ?

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Sep 16, 2003
  10. AHHH sorry to tell you this 3dmark means nothing.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Sep 16, 2003

    Dave Guest

    Dave, Sep 16, 2003

    tuppennyblue Guest

    try eBay - not sure if you can source one in Australia but a processor is
    small and light enough to ship cheaply... they are definitely available.

    tuppennyblue, Sep 22, 2003