xp and 98 installation problem (disperate)

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by _iNsAnE_, Dec 13, 2003.

  1. _iNsAnE_

    _iNsAnE_ Guest

    Hi,
    I'm disperate, I've (for a firend of mine) make a pc with this components:
    Case Middle tower 400w power
    Cpu intel P4 2600 478pin 800MHz
    HD: Maxtor Serial ATA 80 GByte
    Ram: 1 DDR400 Kingstone 512 MByte PC3200
    MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000
    Display Adapter: ATI Radeon 64 Mb (I think AGP 4x)
    Dvd-r philips
    Well everything seems works fine but:

    After booting to the XP CD and proceeding through the
    setup, I arrive at the section where it begins to copy the
    files needed for installation. After only one or two files
    it comes to a prompt that says the following:
    Setup cannot copy the file: XXXXX.XXX

    To retry press ENTER.
    If you are installing from a CD, make sure the Windows XP
    CD is in the CD-ROM drive.

    To skip this file, press ESC.
    CAUTION: If you skip this file, Setup may not complete and
    Windows XP may not work properly.

    To quit setup, press F3.

    After hitting ENTER numerous times, I get a blue screen
    with the STOP message of 0x0000008E.

    I try to install Win 98 second edition also but it doesn't works (protection
    error)

    I try also to: disable HyperTrading, change memory line, load fail safe bios
    parameters, change cd rom, change cd, change type of file system (fat32
    instead Ntfs), change hard disk with a normal Eide (samsung 40 GB).....

    I'm disperate please help me!!!!
    tnx and sorry for my english
    rbz

    _iNsAnE_, Dec 13, 2003

  2. _iNsAnE_

    Udo Kammer Guest

    MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000

    Which board revison? I have the GA-8IPE 1000 Rev. 1 and had to update
    from Bios F6 to F7 to install XP Home SP1 to SATA.
    There is no chance to run Win98SE with this board, as Intel does not
    support this OS for chipsets newer then the i845.

    Udo Kammer

    Udo Kammer, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Sounds like it might be bad RAM. Try different RAM (instead of just
    changing the line that it's in).

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Dec 13, 2003
  4. _iNsAnE_

    Kent_Diego Guest

    Sounds like it might be bad RAM. Try different RAM (instead of just
    or just use one RAM module. Two modules often cause problems. Try changing
    some of the BIOS settings. Could be bad CD.

    -Kent

    Kent_Diego, Dec 13, 2003
  5. _iNsAnE_

    Dimitris Guest

    After hitting ENTER numerous times, I get a blue screen
    It might be a power issue. If you dont have a bigger PSU(>=480W) try
    to lower the FSB of the processor and the DDR frequency. Or instead,
    if you like danger, you can try to raise the AGP,DDR and VCORE voltage
    by 0.1V or 0.2V to see if it is indeed a power issue.
    Other than that, the onboard controller/southbridge (Intel ICH5) which
    is responsible both for IDE and SATA drives may be out of order.In
    that case you will have to change the mainboard, or try a PCI IDE or
    PCI SATA controller.

    Dimitris, Dec 13, 2003
  6. _iNsAnE_

    _iNsAnE_ Guest

    THANKS ALL GUYS!!!
    it was a bad Ram problem
    I try to change the ram and it works fine, well I try also to install the
    bad ram on another Pc and after a little bit time it start to work bad....
    So it's a ram problem for sure
    well right now I've got another problem, Xp doesn't start with my Radeon
    (first model agp 4x)...
    have u got any tip?
    TNX u rules
    rbz