    Or I will happily consider other AV programs.
    Thanks
    Mahl

    mwagner2, May 15, 2011

  2. mwagner2

    Pen Guest

    It works just fine on XP. I've put it on at least 4
    32 bit XP machines.

    Pen, May 15, 2011

  3. mwagner2

    Cameo Guest

    If you can put up with the MsMpEng.exe malware protection program
    grabbing almost 100% of CPU time every so often.

    Cameo, May 15, 2011

  4. This got so bad on an old XP laptop of mine I un-installed it.

    Count de Monet, May 16, 2011
  5. mwagner2

    Bob Villa Guest

    My choice is Avast Free! (for 5 years).

    Bob Villa, May 16, 2011
  6. mwagner2

    AJL Guest

    On my hardware challenged XP netbook (EeePC 1000HD) MSSE ran fine but
    seemed to slow it down quite a bit. If your LT has decent specs it should
    work fine. If you change your mind after installation as I did it's very
    hard to get rid of. After messing around awhile I finally ended up doing a
    clean XP install.

    FWIW I didn't use any anti-virus software on that box before and none since
    and no problems in almost two years now...KOW...YMMV...

    AJL, May 17, 2011
  7. mwagner2

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Same with me. It would use 100% CPU for hours (or until I stopped it with
    Task Manager).

    I'm quite happy with the free version of Avast! It's light on resources and
    bandwidth when it updates and it hasn't let me down yet.
    --
    Shaun.

    into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

    ~misfit~, May 18, 2011