    (eastern US), but it's always exactly 4 hours ahead. I change it back
    every time, but the next time I use XP is back to 4 hours ahead again.

    Any ideas what might be causing this?

    Carl Price, Aug 25, 2006

  2. Carl Price

    Mike Guest

    This is a known issue. Windows and OS X store/interpret the time
    differently. I have the same problem here.

    If you set both to automatically set the time from an internet time
    server, each will still boot up with the wrong time, but after a few
    minutes when it syncs with the time server, it will correct itself.

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 25, 2006

  3. OS X sets the hardware time to GMT, but windows thinks its set to
    EDT.

    William Mitchell, Aug 25, 2006