XP Installation Issues on RAID!

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by havoc99, Dec 2, 2006.

1. havoc99

havoc99

Hello all,

I'm new here so please do bear with me. Thank you. :)

I recently bought my Intel Motherboard, the DG965WHMKR and am very happy with it. It's my 3rd Intel board. When I first installed it, I installed Windows XP Pro SP2 on RAID and it went flawlessly as with my previous motherboard. Recently I installed Vista for the second time and after a while I decided to go back to Win XP so I restarted with my XP CD and started to install it. I pressed F6 and loaded the drivers and after the setup loads all the files for the installation process and it says on the bottom "Setup will now start Windows" (or something like that) just before it shows you options for installing a new copy or repairing an existing OS it stalls. It just never goes to that page. All I see is "Setup will now start Windows" page and that's it.

So I tried installing Vista on the RAID and it worked. I tried installing XP on the RAID but not pressing F6 for the RAID drivers and it doesn't stall but obviously says that setup can't find any disks. I tried installing it on normal SATA drives (no RAIDs) and it works. My question is why is it that my Windows XP all of a sudden stalls on my RAID but Vista installs properly. I was thinking of installing Windows 2000 and then upgrading to XP but I need to get the startup disks. Can anyone help?!!

havoc99, Dec 2, 2006
Ask a Question