XP Installation Woes

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Barney Rubble, Jan 29, 2005.

  1. Hi All

    I am having problrms trying to do a fresh instal on the following system

    Gygabyte 81pe1000 Rev 2.
    P4 2.4 533.
    512 DDR4
    Ati AIW9000
    Sound Blaster live 5.1
    Maxtor 160g. hdd
    Pioneer DVDRW/ROM
    350w Power Supply.

    Problem is when I run setup it gets to the point where it re-starts
    the pc for the first time, then proceedes to cycle back to the same
    point continiously booting off the cd.

    I have changed the memory/dvd to cd/hdd/graphic card/ removed the
    sound card, Flashed the bios to the latest version, still no joy.

    I dont know what else to try.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Regards.

    JD

    Barney Rubble, Jan 29, 2005

  2. When it does the first reboot go into the BIOS and take the DVD drive out of
    the boot sequence. Then let it continue.

    Sleepless in Seattle, Jan 30, 2005