    Soundblaster 5.1. I did the usual things - checked leads made sure there
    were no driver conflicts etc. I've downloaded and installed LiveDrvUni-Pack
    and LiveDrvPack_Patch but that doesn't help either. Any suggestions please?

    Maurice Brenner, Oct 4, 2003

  2. Maurice Brenner

    Shep© Guest

    1st thing.
    Boot to Safemode/Device Manager and remove ALL sound card entries and
    re-boot.

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    It's a G not a J in jmx to reply :)

    Shep©, Oct 4, 2003

  3. Have you tried uninstalling any SB software? Then download driver cleaner
    and remove the creative audio files that are left. Now to be sure that all
    is gone, go to Device Manager and be sure that all sound card entries are
    removed. If not simply right click on any entries and click on uninstall.
    Then reboot the system and let XP detect the card. It sounds like some of
    the ME drivers are left and are causing your troubles.

    http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

    Regards,
    John O.

    John and Pat Ochenduszko, Oct 4, 2003