    Any help appreciated.

    Regard
    Gary

    Gary, Sep 27, 2003

  2. XP setup is looking for very specific files on the driver floppy. Go to the
    web site of the manufacturer of the HPT IDE board and look around in their
    download/help section.

    Crusty \(-: Old [email protected] :-\), Sep 27, 2003

  3. Gary

    Ogre Guest

    In the meantime just delete the boot.ini file

    Ogre

    Ogre, Sep 28, 2003
  4. Gary

    TomG Guest

    you need to use the Highpoint drivers and hit F6 to load the drivers during
    the prompt that you will see at the bottom of the screen early in the XP
    install.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 117,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Sep 28, 2003
  5. Gary

    BoroLad Guest

    TXTSETUP.OEM for ?? is what it's looking for!

    The flop should have:

    -6 sub directories
    -TXTSETUP.OEM
    BoroLad

    BoroLad, Sep 28, 2003
  6. Gary

    Gary Guest

    I renamed it just in case....and was left in a loop (it still went into XP
    setup), had to use a boot disk to get out of it. Obviously requires more
    than removing that file.

    Gary, Sep 28, 2003
  7. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Okay, an OEM file then...my memory isn't too good ;-)
    Thanks...but where do I obtain these?

    Gary, Sep 28, 2003
  8. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Or to clarify, the Highpoint XP driver download file does not contain 6
    sub-directories?

    Gary, Sep 28, 2003
  9. Gary

    TomG Guest

    from the driver download.

    TomG, Sep 28, 2003
  10. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Thanks Tom, was confused by Borolad's description...

    Gary, Sep 29, 2003
  11. Gary

    TomG Guest

    good luck...