    with the Live are dated OCT 2003... No sound... nada... nothing...
    speakers test OK on another computer.

    Any help would be appreciated greatly.

    Jerry, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Jerry

    Lenny Guest

    Any help would be appreciated greatly.

    This is one of those bizarre windows behaviours that there simply is no
    explanation for. Things that have been working stop, either because of some
    totally unrelated change, or sometimes completely by themselves. There's no
    straight-forward checklist you can go through that will automagically fix
    it, but make sure that the outputs in the sound mixer (the little speaker
    icon in the tray next to the clock) aren't muted! :)

    If this is not the problem you can try deleting the card from the device
    manager and reboot your computer and see if it works again (it will be
    detected again once the computer starts up and hopefully behave properly).
    Next step would be to uninstall the drivers from the control panel's
    add/remove programs applet, reboot, then reinstall them again.

    Let us know how it goes, k? :)

    Lenny, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    Thank you. I will try to uninstall and reinstall and let you know. I wish
    the problem was only that I had the sound muted, but unfortunately, no. I
    went thru the Sound Troubleshooter in Control Panel and got to the end where
    Microsoft "gives up". I might, too! Thanks again!

    Jerry, Oct 13, 2004
  4. I am trying to get new drivers for my sb live platinum / livedrive2
    combination (non 5.1).
    Seems impossible. Indeed as you say, drivers on the website are from 2003.
    I had problems with my sb because those drivers don't support systems with a
    hyper threading processor.
    I asked creative support if they had newer drivers and if that would fix the
    HT problem.
    The first answer I got was: 'yes we do have new drivers and you have to buy
    them from the creative on-line shop'.
    So I mailed them again: 'and what about the hyper threading problem, is it
    fix or not, please be complete in your answers.'.
    Haven't received any message back yet, and that was three days ago.

    They really should stop being so ignorant, this isn't the first time I
    didn't get any normal answer. They treat customers as complete stupid and
    that's because they don't know shit about their own cards.

    If I get any result from support saying that the driver cd will have a good
    working HT supporting driver, I will buy it.
    And if anyone is interested I will upload the bloody thing to one of the
    binairy newsgroups once in a while so everyone could get them, as it should
    have been.

    regards,
    Marcel

    Marcel Overweel, Oct 14, 2004
  5. Jerry

    Jim Routis Guest

    Most probably you have 2 sound cards in your system (one of them is built in
    in your Dell PC). Check BIOS, disable this card and you should be OK.

    Jim Routis, Oct 20, 2004