    download the drivers and burn a new one?

    Thanks,
    Jon

    Zeppo, May 17, 2006

  2. Friedrich Wuelfing, May 17, 2006

  3. Zeppo

    Gingangooli Guest

    Gingangooli, May 17, 2006
  4. Zeppo

    Carl Guest

    download them and put them on a floppy, for all the time it will take, and
    you will be able to put them in when install asks you to press F6.

    Carl, May 18, 2006
  5. Zeppo

    Zeppo Guest

    OK, when I download the executable and run it gives a bunch of nested
    folders for a variety of . Can I just copy the files in the 3112 folder to a
    floppy and use them?

    Thanks,
    Jon

    Zeppo, May 18, 2006
  6. Zeppo @hotmail.com wrote:

    | OK, when I download the executable and run it gives a bunch of
    | nested folders for a variety of . Can I just copy the files in the 3112
    | folder to a floppy and use them?
    |
    | Thanks,
    | Jon

    Hi Jon -

    Your installation won't work with just the contents of the 3112 folder.

    The Windows "text" phase of the installation looks for the TXTSETUP.OEM file
    in the root of the diskette and gains information on the location of the
    drivers from there.

    Unlike the Add New Hardware Wizard from within the Windows GUI, the text
    setup phase doesn't seek out the driver .INF file directly.

    Best to simply place the entire contents of the self-extracting .EXE file
    onto a blank, formatted diskette with TXTSETUP.OEM in the root, and allow
    the Windows installer to sort out what it wants to load (it really will load
    the correct driver based on the hardware signature of the SATA controller).

    Jef

    Bird Janitor®, May 18, 2006
  7. Zeppo

    Zeppo Guest

    Many thanks Jef, will do.

    Jon

    Zeppo, May 18, 2006
  8. Zeppo

    Zeppo Guest

    Jef,
    That worked. It prompted me for the driver and recognized it fine. Thanks
    for the info.

    Jon

    Zeppo, May 22, 2006
  9. Zeppo @hotmail.com wrote:

    | Jef,
    | That worked. It prompted me for the driver and recognized it fine.
    | Thanks for the info.
    |
    | Jon

    Happy to help Jon!

    Jef