    correctly and all devices say they are working but the mouse does not
    respond. Have tried both USB and bluetooth connections with the same result.
    HP support cannot offer any clues

    TimH, Jan 25, 2008

  2. You don't mention what kind of mouse you're connecting.
    Does your mouse require a driver?
    Are you using the mouse (presumably optical?) on an optical-friendly surface?
    Have you tried plugging into a different USB port?
    --Hilton Locke

    Hilton Locke [MSFT], Jan 30, 2008

  3. TimH

    TimH Guest

    I have tried a wired USB mouse and alos an HP bluetooth PC mouse (with
    supplied drivers). They both install and show as a HID device but not in mice
    and other pointers. Both types of mouse have been installed on a non tablet
    notebook and P with no problems.
    It feels to me like there is a conflict with the tablet drivers but no one
    at HP (the tablet is a TC4400) is saying this - they have just said do a full
    install - which seems over the top to get a mouse working!!!!

    TimH, Jan 30, 2008
  4. There are no "tablet drivers" per se.
    The simplest scenario you have is the wired USB mouse and I'm surprised that
    it's not working.
    Have you tried another USB port?
    I'm assuming you're plugging the mouse directly into the tc4400 and not into
    a hub?

    Are you experiencing any other issues, with your pen or touchpad or other
    input devices?

    --Hilton Locke

    Hilton Locke [MSFT], Jan 31, 2008