    TIA for any thoughts

    M. Salm, Systems Enginee
    Sherpa Technologies, Inc.

    MSalm, Feb 9, 2004

  2. MSalm

    Chris H. Guest

    See below (-->)

    use by the company officers. We currently run an NT domain as well as an
    Active Directory (W2K) domain. I know nothing about the Tablet version of
    XP, and the MS website has nothing but marketing, so I have a few questions
    for the experts:
    --> Yes. Tablet PCs have Windows XP Pro as the operating system.
    --> Tablet PCs are the XP Pro operating system.
    financial sector and runs some scary old 16-bit apps with Visual Foxpro
    frontends. Anyone see any potential issues here? What about terminal
    emulation apps running over 802.11g?
    --> It would depend on the application itself, but most run just fine. If
    there's a problem, you can use Compatibility Mode for the app, letting it
    think it is running in the native operating system for which it was
    designed. Basic information on Compatibility Mode is available on your
    Tablet in Help and Support, but you can also check this TechNet article:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...et/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/lgcyapps.asp
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Feb 9, 2004

  3. MSalm

    MSalm Guest

    Thanks for confirming what I suspected. Can't wait until the client gets the hardware so I can play with it

    Michael

    MSalm, Feb 9, 2004
  4. MSalm

    Chris H. Guest