    Does this version still have the DOS command prompt and so will it read a DOS
    file from a floppy disk??

    Mike

    mlk55248123, Mar 22, 2005

  2. mlk55248123

    Chris H. Guest

    No, not exactly. Bill Gates "exited" from a DOS command prompt back during
    the launch of Windows XP, however there is a Command Prompt in which you can
    run some of the regular "DOS" commands. What is the purpose of what you're
    trying to do?
    In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    Associate Expert

    Chris H., Mar 22, 2005

  3. mlk55248123

    Paul Adare Guest

    microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc news group, Chris H.
    Actually in XP there are two command interpreters, command.com and
    cmd.exe.
    --
    Paul Adare
    "On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament],

    Paul Adare, Mar 22, 2005
  4. mlk55248123

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    There is a command prompt:

    Start -> Run -> Cmd

    There is no such thing as a "DOS" file. DOS used a file system called FAT.
    FAT can be read by Explorer, or the command interpreter etc, so "yes", you
    can access files on your floppy disk.

    Cheers
    Ken

    : Does this version still have the DOS command prompt and so will it read a
    DOS
    : file from a floppy disk??
    :
    : Mike