XP TabletPC with MUI

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Rainald Taesler, Nov 25, 2006.

  1. Thinking of a completely new setup of my tc1100, I'm thinking of
    making use of the MUI. I think to remember that some of the Tablet
    features (advanced things in Office and Speech Recognition, IIRC) only
    work with an English version of the OS.

    I have got the XP TabletPC Edition with 2 CDs in German as well as in
    English.
    In addition I have a set of 3 CDs
    "HP notebook Language Pack Recovery CD
    Contains multilingual user interface for system restore
    Microsoft Windows XP Pro"
    with several languages (incl. German).

    In addition comes another CD
    "HP notebook
    Language Pack Recovery CD
    Contains multilingual user interface for system restore
    Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition."

    Unfortunately there are no instruction on which sequence the discs
    have to used.
    I assume the following sequence:
    1. XP Pro English
    2. Tablet additions (Disc with [CMPNTS]) English
    3. Add Sp2 English
    4. MUI CD for XP
    5. MUI CD for Tablet PC Edition

    Does this make sense?

    Rainald
    P.S. Will the Office applications also have to be in English versions?

    Rainald Taesler, Nov 25, 2006

  2. Rainald Taesler

    gustavo Guest

    If you have the MUI (the complete set) you have the right path, also you will
    need the MUI for SP2 new stuff :)

    gustavo, Nov 26, 2006

  3. gustavo shared these words of wisdom:
    Thanks for reconfirnation, Gustavo.
    Where and how can I get it?
    Is it availble for downlaod?

    Rainald