    that contains the max speed etc...) but which part of the number is the
    identifier?

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Soupladel

    Soupladel Guest

    Would the XP 2200+ do the same job in a kt7(non a) as the 2100+ ?

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Jun 25, 2003

  3. Soupladel

    Wes Newell Guest

    If you're buying off the web, they should say Bcore or give a stepping of
    AxxxB, Instead of AxxxA. Here's one for sure.

    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=19-103-370&refer=pricewatch
    This might help too.

    http://www.overclockers.com/tips00173/

    Wes Newell, Jun 25, 2003
  4. Soupladel

    Wes Newell Guest

    As long as it's a B core. The 2400+ will work too. You'd have to mod the
    Barton (2500+) though.

    Wes Newell, Jun 25, 2003
  5. Soupladel

    Soupladel Guest

    Soupladel, Jun 25, 2003
  6. Soupladel

    Soupladel Guest

    Well got me 2400+ and it works.

    took a lot of fidgeting, installed it and it wouldn't boot, in fact it would
    power up, cleared the cmos, still wouldn't power change it back to the 1GHz
    Tbird, still wouldn't power, eventually it did boot so i set the bios to
    default speed, changed it back to the 2400+ and voila 2GHz T/Bred bcore.

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Jun 26, 2003