    I have a ThermalTake Vulcano extreme12 on my xp2200 is that ok for an
    xp3200?

    Thanx in advance and excuse my poor english.

    Anders Nielsen, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Anders Nielsen

    Wes Newell Guest

    Yes, approximately 50% cpu performance increase. overall system increase
    would probably be around 25%.
    The 3200+ also has twice the L2 cache.
    There would be about a 5% performance increase at the same clock speed.
    Maybe a little more.
    Yes.

    Wes Newell, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Is there different versions of the 3200+ if yes, wich one is better
    Ok, then fsb 400 is not the big difference
    Great

    Thanx alot.

    Best Wishes
    A.N

    Anders Nielsen, Aug 17, 2004
  4. Anders Nielsen

    Viper44 Guest

    There is a VERY Big difference between FSB 266 and 400 performance on
    400 is far superior

    Viper44, Dec 31, 2005
  5. Anders Nielsen

    Wes Newell Guest

    Overall, the difference wouldn't be more than about 6% asssuming the same
    clockspeed. Some apps it may be larger, while other apps wouldn't be
    affected by the difference hardly at all. This is based on AMD's
    performance ratings. The only real gain is in dram IO. Even though it's a
    large gain, it's know that the cpu get's about a 90% cache hit rate
    leaving that gain being effective only 10% of the time. That will average
    out to around a 6% gain overall. far from what I'd call very big
    difference. And certainly a long way from being far superior in overall
    performance.

    Wes Newell, Dec 31, 2005