    I see the Barton has 512K and Thoroughbred is 256K. The Barton shows
    1.93ghz and other is 2.0 ghz. Both are close in price. I am a novice
    at this and would appreciate any help. thanks, Ray

    Ray, Jan 31, 2004

  2. Ray

    Wes Newell Guest

    That's the difference. And of course all Bartons have a default FSB of
    166MHz.
    Well, somethings wrong with this picture, the 2500+ Bartons default speed
    is 1833MHz (11x166) so one at 1930 would be considered a 2600+ (11.5x166).
    Maybe you meant a 2500+ and mistyped.

    Wes Newell, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Ray

    Chogaire Guest

    These AMD Athlon XP Barton processors have slightly slower clock speeds than
    similar rating Thoroughbred Athlon XP processors because the Barton
    processor gives better performance for clock speed.

    Regards.

    Chogaire, Feb 2, 2004