    thoroughbred and thorton. Putting it in a KY7SA Pro and would like some
    advice on which one to buy. Could someone also explain the difference?
    Thanks, Ray

    Ray, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Ray

    Wes Newell Guest

    AFaik, the Thornton core is a Barton core with half the L2 cache disabled
    and then mutliplier clocked like a Tbred core. I think I'd get the
    Thorton. Even if you can't find a way to enable the disabled cache, the
    core is a little larger and should disipate heat better providing better
    cooling. Not having one, this is my best guess.:)

    Wes Newell, Feb 1, 2004