    31 degrees seems a bit low to me. I'm not complaining, far from it,
    I'm just being cautious as I don't want to kill the CPU

    Albert

    Albert Fish, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Albert Fish

    John Nichols Guest

    Albert,

    Look in the BIOS PC Health Screen, or use Hardware Monitor.

    I have two monitoring programs that reverse the System and CPU temps.
    31 degrees may be correct for your System temp, but it's awful cool for CPU.

    John

    John Nichols, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Albert Fish

    Albert Fish Guest

    well, I just stressed the CPU by converting a 68min .wav file to mp3.
    it took a couple of minutes and the temp rocketed to 34 degrees

    obviously bogus, removed MBM5 and installed winbond HW doctor
    and the temp is showing as a more reasonable 47 degrees CPU
    and 31 degrees system, CPU fanspeed 2636 rpm

    'problem' solved...

    Albert

    Albert Fish, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Albert Fish

    dr_hardwrae Guest

    MBM is a very good program. Your "CPU" temp is obviously your case temp.
    When setting up MBM, it lists sensor 1, 2, 3 etc. and you can choose Winbond
    1,2 or 3 (others as well, but these are the most common).
    In the case of the NF7-S, sensor 1 and Winbond 1 is the case (chassis) temp
    and sensor 2 and Winbond 2 is the CPU temp.

    Hardware Doctor is fine, but MBM gives you many more options.

    dr_hardwrae, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Albert Fish

    Albert Fish Guest

    tried that, ended up with -57 degrees
    tried all of them and it didn't work
    yup, too many for general cpu temp reading, imo

    Albert

    Albert Fish, Oct 1, 2003
  6. Albert Fish

    Morgan Guest

    I use.....

    SpeedFan 4.09

    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

    Simplistic and easy to setup. Works fine with my Abit.

    MBM is ok but a little OTT and complicated imo for what it does and what I
    want from it.

    Morgan, Oct 1, 2003
  7. Albert Fish

    ZR Guest

    I just downloaded Speedfan 4.09. Seems fine but I do not understand
    what each of the 3 Temps is actually sensing ?

    I use the KT7A-RAID
    w. XP 2500+ Barton (L3-3 and L3-5) cut.

    Thanks for yoru help.

    ZR

    ZR, Oct 2, 2003
  8. Albert Fish

    Morgan Guest

    Then go under the ' Configure ' tab and select Temperatures and make your
    selection from there. You can also name each of the readings as I have two
    temperatures monitored - the board and CPU temp. I am not bothered about the
    temp of the hard drives.

    So in my system tray it always displays the CPU temp and when I hover the
    mouse over it will display both the CPU and board temp.

    Morgan, Oct 2, 2003
  9. Albert Fish

    ZR Guest

    Morgan.

    Thank you but... I went to "Configure" and got a table:

    Label CHIP Sensor Sample .....
    HDO VIA VT82C686 HDO 36
    Temp2 VIA VT82C686 Temp2 32
    Temp1 VIA VT82C686 Temp1 30
    Temp3 VIA VT82C686 Temp3 22

    I still don't know what Temp2 Temp1 and Temp3 are measuring..?

    Also when I figure it out (with your help) how do I change the Labesl
    to Read for exmaple : "CPU"...?

    Thanks again

    ZR

    ZR, Oct 2, 2003
  10. Albert Fish

    Morgan Guest

    It might be quicker for me to call round ;-)

    Anyway.....

    To rename a label just go to the Configure Tab and show the Temps then click
    on each of the Temp labels and you can rename them as you want.

    HD0 well that's your Hard Drive :)
    The above I'm having to guess at - I don't have your board or manual and I'm
    not familiar with it either.

    More info can be found at the web page that you got it from

    Morgan, Oct 2, 2003
  11. Albert Fish

    John Guest

    The help file has step-by-step setup instructions.
    I put it side-by-side with the dashboard settings - viola!!

    John

    John, Oct 2, 2003