    using or settings to achieve the maximum the cpu will go in this board.
    thanks
    gpr

    hamblo, Sep 23, 2003

  2. I have a 2500+ running at 13x166 making it a 2800+ with PC3000 cas2.5. 100%
    stable and so much faster than this board has any right to be. Core voltage
    and dimm voltage each get +1 tick. Be advised, a pal alpha is squatting on
    the cpu.

    Derek Wildstar, Sep 23, 2003

  3. hamblo

    Kontin Guest

    [...]

    Sorry for the lamer-question, but what do you understand under 1 tick?

    Marek

    Kontin, Sep 24, 2003
  4. Whoops, I often forget that many people do not speak English-Tech-Lingo as a
    primary language. :)

    1-tick means the smallest increment possible. In this case, 0.025v for CoreV
    and 0.1v for DIMMV.

    The term comes from old rotary dials that had stops instead of just a smooth
    turn. When you turned the dial, it would rest on the stop with a <tick>
    sound. "Give it another tick..." was a very common saying in the old
    analogue days.

    Derek Wildstar, Sep 24, 2003
  5. As the 8K3A and my 8K5A2+ use the same chipset (KT333), my experience may be
    indicative:
    On the 8K5A2+, I run my 2500+ at 166x12.5 with no voltage adjustments, and
    it's completely stable and reliable. BIOS reports 2800+, actual speed
    2075MHz (using quality PC2700 DDR RAM, of course). To go higher on the
    multiplier, I'd have to start messing around with bits of wire in socket
    holes, etc., which I don't want to do. As I have 2500+ CPU's in NForce2
    boards running happily at 200x11, I'd say you could go higher than my
    166x12.5, but with considerable extra work to overcome the multiplier limit.

    Peter van der Goes, Sep 25, 2003