    with CPU overrunning. The slowest FSB is 100 and multiplier is 5 on both
    computers.

    Can some one help?

    Klyde Beaty, Jan 1, 2008

  2. Klyde Beaty

    Wes Newell Guest

    My guess is you got your hands on a 2600+ XP-M (mobile 2600). Nothing
    wrong with that other than you may have to do a little work to get it
    running properly. Come back with the part number (first line of label),
    and stepping and date code (last line). Also include make an model of MB's
    you have. I thought the KT8 was for a K8 (Ahtlon 64) cpu. All XP's are K7
    afaik.

    Wes Newell, Jan 1, 2008

  3. Klyde Beaty

    Klyde Beaty Guest

    Wes:
    Here is all the numbers I can find on it.

    On the black Label

    AMD Athlon
    AXDA2600KV4D Q335616L40159
    AQYHA0447BPMW 1999 AMD

    Silk screened in metal on green top
    27493

    On white label
    19103417/523925

    Nothing readable on the actual chip.

    Thank you

    Klyde Beaty, Jan 1, 2008
  4. Klyde Beaty

    Klyde Beaty Guest

    Sorry I forgot the MB specs.
    one is FIC AU13 and the other is MSI KT3 Ultra not KT8

    Klyde Beaty, Jan 1, 2008
  5. Klyde Beaty

    Wes Newell Guest

    Both should support this cpu.

    I'll assume that an AXDA2600DKV4D. Standard XP with 512K cache (Barton
    core) and default 166MHz FSB (333FSB). See this link for more info on the
    numbers.

    http://www.amdboard.com/amdid.html

    Date code of 0447 means it's probably multiplier locked. Default
    multiplier is 11.5x166MHz (333FSB). Try setting the the FSB to 166 and the
    multiplier to 11.5. If your bios has a divider setting for the PCI/AGP bus
    the pci divider should be set to 5 to get the nominal 33.33MHz PCI bus.
    Sometimes that shown as 5:2:1 meaning FSB/5 for PCI, PCI x2 for agp, and
    memory running 1:1. Voltage should be at default 1.65v. It shouldn't have
    a problem working in either of these boards unless it's defective or
    someone has messed up some of the bridges on top. Did you buy this new? Or
    you sure the top is clean of any "silver" grease? Did you reset the bios
    and try it? That's about all I can think of. Good luck.

    Wes Newell, Jan 2, 2008
  6. Klyde Beaty

    Klyde Beaty Guest

    Wes :
    I tried what you said but can't set the agp except to 50mhz which is
    the slowest, the FSB to 166 and multiplier to 11.5 the voltage is 1.65.
    I remember ordering it especially for the Barton core but the MB I had
    it in died. Neither of the MB I have now will rune it when I make the
    changes it always reverts back to 100mhz x 5.5. I guess Ill look a 2600
    on Ebay and sell this one maby I can break even. If I could get a cpu
    and board that didnt need DDR2 memory and a pci video card I would just
    upgrade, but its the wifes for embroidery programs and she doesn't need
    much. Actually running at 900mhz she doesn't know the difference.

    Thanks

    Klyde Beaty, Jan 2, 2008
  7. Klyde Beaty

    Wes Newell Guest

    The nominal AGP bus speed is 66MHz, 2 times the PCI speed of 33MHz. If
    it's defaulting to the same thing in both boards I'd say something was
    wrong with it as a guess. I assume the 2700+ you have is also a barton
    core running at 166MHz. I'd still check the L6 bridges and see if someone
    accidentally or on purpose change the mobile bridge. This place covers
    everything about the cpu.

    http://fab51.com/cpu/barton/athlon-e23.html

    Wes Newell, Jan 2, 2008
  8. Klyde Beaty

    Klyde Beaty Guest

    Wes:
    Thanks for your help and link. This CPU was purchased by me new, so it
    hasnt been screwed with. It did work on the last MB I had it in, that
    Has now gone by by.
    Yes the 2700 is also a Barton.

    Larry

    Klyde Beaty, Jan 3, 2008