XPS 9000/435t FlexBay and standard hard drives?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Nick, Feb 21, 2012.

  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    In an XPS 9000/435t, is it possible to use the FlexBay slots to mount
    standard SATA hard drives?

    The FlexBay slots are meant for special hot-swappable USB hard drives, but
    is it possible to mount a standard 3 1/2" SATA hard drive (or two) in them?

    I know I'd have to add a SATA port card to provide the data connectors; I'm
    just wondering about the physical mounting of the drives in the FlexBay
    slots.

    I already tried the service manuals, the Dell web site and forums, and
    Google. I found a few other people asking the same question, but nobody
    seemed to have a definite answer.

    So I thought I'd ask here before moving a bunch of stuff out of the way to
    make room to get at the tower and open it up to see if I can figure it out
    for myself.

    Thanks, guys!

    Nick, Feb 21, 2012