xSeries 345 & RHEL3

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Tasslehoff Burrfoot, Dec 15, 2006.

  1. Hi all, i've a problem with an IBM xSeries 345 and Red Hat Enterprise ES 3.
    The xSeries 345 is a RHEL 3 certified server, so i've installed it with
    this linux distribution.
    Because this server will be used on a production environment exposed to
    the internet, i've updated BIOS, Serveraid controller Firmware and SCSI
    disk firmwares with IBM UpdateXpress 4.04, so the Serveraid Controller
    was updated to version 7.12.

    During install RHEL 3 use the latest Red Hat certified driver version
    6.x (this is the previous version from IBM), I planned to upgrade the OS
    driver with the floppy upgrade v 7.12 from IBM (if Serveraid Firmware
    and OS drivers aren't aligned at the same version Serveraid Manager
    gives many warnings).

    But at this step i've found a problem, the floppy from IBM recognize
    only RHEL 3 up to kernel version 2.4.21-27 and the latest RHEL 3 release
    install kernel 2.4.21-47.
    I can modify the floppy bash installer script or load the ips module
    manually, but i want to use only certified components and procedures as
    much as possibile.

    Someone had the same problem or knows if IBM or Red Hat have released
    the Serveraid driver for RHEL 3 for 2.4.21-47 kernel?

    Thanks

    --
    Tasslehoff Burrfoot

    Tasslehoff Burrfoot, Dec 15, 2006