    a standard XP 1800 by another name?

    Thanks for any info you can let me have.

    John.

    The Vicar, Aug 24, 2003

  2. The Vicar

    Wes Newell Guest

    AFAIK, there's no such animal as an XT1800+. Where did you get the XT
    from? XP's use green or brown substrate depending on where/when they were
    made. The color shouldn't matter as far as performance goes.

    Wes Newell, Aug 25, 2003

  3. The Vicar

    The Vicar Guest

    : On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:32:35 +0100, The Vicar wrote:
    :
    : > Hi All,
    : >
    : > My son has just got hold of a new XT 1800 chip that is green rather than
    : > the usual dark brown. I've searched the Net but cannot find any
    : > reference to the XT1800, is it a chip made for a specific application or
    : > a standard XP 1800 by another name?
    : >
    : AFAIK, there's no such animal as an XT1800+. Where did you get the XT
    : from? XP's use green or brown substrate depending on where/when they were
    : made. The color shouldn't matter as far as performance goes.
    :
    :
    I hadn't heard of it either, but a workmate of my son bought the chip
    and then found it wasn't compatible with his mobo so placed it on the
    Firm's Intranet Board. Son bought it for £20 and can't get it to work on
    his, so I was asked to have a look last evening and it is definately
    marked XT1800

    John

    The Vicar, Aug 25, 2003
  4. The Vicar

    Wes Newell Guest

    What's the part number on the core or label? This might help ID it too.

    http://www.amdboard.com/amdid.html

    Wes Newell, Aug 25, 2003
  5. The Vicar

    Wes Newell Guest

    After a little thought, it could be a mobile 1.25v Athlon 4/XP. the PN
    would be something like;
    Axxx1800xXT3C

    The XT indicating 1.25v and 90C max die temp.

    Wes Newell, Aug 25, 2003
  6. The Vicar

    Wes Newell Guest

    Possibly 3C instead of C3. It's an 1800+ XP cpu. Tbred B core, although a
    very early one. 0250 is the date code.While it probably won't break any
    overclock records, it should clock considerable higher than the rated
    1533MHz.
    This must be an after market label of some sort. Where and how is this on
    the CPU?

    Wes Newell, Aug 25, 2003
  7. The Vicar

    The Vicar Guest

    clipped
    : >
    : >> Main ID is AMD XT1800
    : >>
    : > This must be an after market label of some sort. Where and how is
    : > this on the CPU?
    :
    :
    Thanks everyone for all the help with this, I'll be fitting the chip
    later in the week, so will see how things work out then - John.

    The Vicar, Aug 26, 2003