    Is it possible to run two analog monitors on an XVR-100 at once? If so,
    what sort of adapter does this require?

    Please remove the "nospam" if replying via email.

    Jeff Wieland, Mar 1, 2005

  2. Jeff Wieland

    x Guest

    Yes, tried it myself.

    The second port is DVI-I and puts out analog and digital.

    The analog part of DVI-I is often called DVI-A
    They make fairly standard DVI to HD15/VGA analog adapters and/or
    cables for this.

    Most PC cards that only have only DVI-I now come with a DVI - HD15 adapter.
    So do Sun's newest XVR-1200 and XVR-600 cards.
    Since XVR-100 still had an HD15 builtin, I don't think they shipped one.

    If you have a Sun monitor with 13W3, and want to run really
    hi res (like stereo), a DVI to 13W3 cable would give optimal results.
    This way you wouldn't have to convert to VGA/HD15 temporarily,
    which is the poorest quality of the 3 connectors

    x, Mar 11, 2005