    That's TWO devices I've had to return because of this motherboard. I'm
    starting to think maybe I didn't think things through enough before buying
    it.

    Jon J. Yeager, Apr 11, 2005

  2. This issue, maybe?
    http://www.rme-audio.com/english/techinfo/nforce4_tests.htm
    The moral of the story probably is not to play early adopter unless
    necessary.

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, Apr 11, 2005

  3. Not really. That webpage only says that under extreme stress tests, the NF4
    motherboards in general don't offer you the advantages you'd expect. My
    issue was about the motherboard allowing the device to be installed but not
    being able to see it afterwards.

    Device manager shows it running fine. But it can't be selected as a playback
    or recording device because it won't show up /there/. Software also doesn't
    see it at all. This is definitely a compatibility issue.

    Jon J. Yeager, Apr 12, 2005
  4. Jon J. Yeager

    Ben Pope Guest

    Sounds like a software issue.

    I had a sound card once that was like that - it would install, but
    wouldn't show up in the places it was supposed to. Basically the driver
    was installed, but the software wasn't configured properly. I couldn't
    make it work without digging around in the registry quite deep - that
    was with Win98 where it was harder to FUBAR things.

    I would say it's almost certainly a driver installation problem.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Apr 12, 2005
  5. I know that kind of problem. Removal of all sound devices in device
    manager and redetection with driver installation upon the next boot
    should fix it. Apart from that, the features page for the Gina3G doesn't
    mention MME drivers. Try an application that uses ASIO or kernel
    streaming (e.g. Winamp or Foobar2000 with ASIO plugin, plus ASIO4All as
    ASIO-WDM wrapper for Winamp).

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, Apr 12, 2005
  6. Jon J. Yeager

    gerry Guest

    That's a great article. Every motherboard chipset talks the talk,
    very few can walk the walk.

    That's why the good ones are legendary.

    gerry, Apr 13, 2005
  7. Never heard of that soundcard... neither probably has asus gjez... stick
    with the masses =D

    Skybuck Flying, Jul 3, 2005