    drivers. I will try the installation again but if you've got any other
    ideas, I'm all ears!

    Thanks.

    Lee M., Jul 4, 2007

  2. Lee M.

    Paul Guest

    Are the two yellow jumpers on the audio header ? They provide continuity,
    from Lineout on the AC97 Codec, to the green connector on the back of the
    motherboard. No jumpers = no sound (in stereo).

    http://www.tbreak.com/reviews/imageview.php?image=3116

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 5, 2007

  3. Lee M.

    Lee M. Guest

    You know, I had those jumpers in place and got no sound so I pulled them off
    again. (The manual is not exactly a model of clarity on this topic). That
    was before I discovered that the audio drivers hadn't installed when I ran
    the nVidia mobo driver installation program. I installed the audio driver
    then didn't think to put the jumpers back on. Once I did (thanks to your
    message) the sound works. I just wonder why the guy I bought the mobo from
    didn't leave the jumpers in place (unless he was using a PCI sound card)?
    Oh well.

    Finally, 5 days after the initial install, the mobo is working 100% (other
    than the occasional mysterious boot failure, which may or may not be due to
    my power supply.)

    Thanks Paul.

    Lee

    Lee M., Jul 6, 2007
  4. Lee M.

    Paul Guest

    The jumpers are removed, when installing Front Panel audio. The previous
    owner probably forgot to put them back, before giving you the board.

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 6, 2007