Yet another problem with my AIW 9800 Pro

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Andrew MacLean, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. Hello all,

    Once again, my rig is as follows:

    Dell Dimension 8100
    ATI AIW 9800 Pro (Sapphire)
    CAT 3.10
    BenQ FP791 (17" LCD)
    768 MB RAM
    Windows XP Pro

    You might remember that I am having problems connecting to my monitor over
    DVI. It appears to be a driver issue, as standard Microsoft VGA drivers
    work fine with DVI.

    Anyway, now I have another problem. My analog connection to the monitor
    is now acting up. I appear to be receiving signal corruption, which causes
    the screen to flicker and shift. It essentially started to wave around from
    left to right. It reminds me of having a cell phone or powerful radio
    transmitter close to a CRT. I know it is the video card signal, because the
    OSD for the monitor is rock steady, while the Windows image shifts and moves
    behind it.

    Has anyone had this problem before? Is my card about to die? My case is
    open, so cooling shouldn't be a major issue. It worked fine for the month
    that I have had it.

    Thanks for the help,

    Andrew MacLean

    Andrew MacLean, Jan 21, 2004