    want to have XP. I've had no problem keeping myself busy doing these
    "upgrades" and people will (sometimes reluctantly) pay for XP licenses...

    William

    William R. Walsh, Jun 11, 2008

  3. Tony Harding

    Ben Myers Guest

    If you're auditioning for a job in public relations, you just lost out.
    Definitely not the writings of a well-versed spin doctor. If you are
    auditioning to be part of some legislative or NGO team that wants truth in
    advertising, you just won. But we have to vet what you have written. Who are
    your sources telling you that Michael Dell wants a villa in the south of France,
    and are they reliable? Or are they simply the usual run-of-the-mill bloggers
    and rumor mongers? ... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jun 11, 2008
  4. Tony Harding

    S.Lewis Guest

    It's "lipstick on a pig" to be sure. But to be fair, Dell was one of the
    first - if not THE first - to offer the "XP downgrade" option and to make it
    public.

    Other OEMs quickly followed soon after.

    S.Lewis, Jun 11, 2008
  5. Tony Harding

    Tony Harding Guest

    Lenovo was the first place I encountered it (Aug or Sept, '07, IIRC)

    Tony Harding, Jun 12, 2008
  6. Tony Harding

    Ben Myers Guest

    Sheesh! You blew that one, too! Where is your well-refined sense of
    obfuscation and cover-up, with stonewalling refusal to reveal your sources?

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jun 12, 2008
  7. Tony Harding

    Tony Harding Guest

    You can tell he's not a *real* PR flak. :)

    Tony Harding, Jun 12, 2008