You know.....what the hell???

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Skenzer, Jan 13, 2005.

  1. Skenzer

    Skenzer Guest

    It would be nice if there was ANY information posted about the
    following problem I had, which by the way took me all of 3 hours to
    finally figure out.

    Here's the scenario:
    MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum - latest BIOS and latest REV
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    Corsair Twinx 3200 XLPT (1 gig total)
    Western Digital twin Raptor SATA drives (would like to RAID)
    Third Western Digital SATA drive 200 gig
    NVidia 6600 GT
    Blah blah blah blah

    Anyway's, went to install XP Pro with the idea that my 2 Raptor's
    would be setup as RAID 0. That worked fine...no problems at all. Had
    XP up and running and life was good.
    Here's where the shit hit the fan. I then added my third WD sata drive
    and windows wouldn't boot. WTF?? bad cable? bad power connector?
    Whatever.

    So, the troubleshooting begins. It clearly wasn't a bad cable or bad
    power connector. BIOS was detecting drive properly....RAID was working
    great.

    Decided to finally try installing XP with the third drive
    present.....HELL NO. XP wouldn't install. Flat out sticks at the blue
    screen that says "starting windows".

    Ok, now what? Well, on a hope and a prayer I reinstalled XP with just
    my RAID setup and then guess what? I loaded the updated Nvidia
    platform drivers for the mobo chipset and I'm good to go.

    I searched EVERYWHERE for any info on this issue and I can't find
    shit. I don't get it. You would think there would be some FAQ,
    Knowledge base item, anything on this.

    Oh well, I'm happy now. Love the board, love the drives.

    Later
    Skenz

    Skenzer, Jan 13, 2005