Z87 Pro wont start with PCIe soundcard installed

Discussion in 'Asus' started by schmozilla, Jan 25, 2015.

  1. schmozilla

    schmozilla

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2015
    Hi MoBoPo-

    I'm doing a PC build with a Z87 Pro mobo... I have everything up and running with the exception of the sound card (ESI JUli@ XTe) PCIe. The PC won't start with it in Slot 1 or Slot 3. FYI - I also have 2 x Asus VGA cards, one in slot 2 and one in slot 4, they are both working fine, Windows 8.1 is installed. The bios is version 2103 and I have preformed all of the updates on the Asus download page along with all windows updates and installed the Juli@ XTe drivers.

    Here is where I'm at

    I have read about issues with the Z87 and to get it to work I have disabled Bluetooth and LAN (I don't need those). I learnt that the PCI Slot 1 & 3 share Bandwidth with the 2 (Brown) SATA6G ports... So I have moved everything off of those ports and onto the yellow ports and disabled the brown ports controller (ASM1061 Storage Controller) so now those PCIe Slots aren't sharing but that hasn't worked.

    I try to start the machine with the card in slot 1 or 3 nothing happens expect QCode reading D4 - PCI Resource allocation error and also 71 - PCH DXE SIMM initialization started.

    If i take the card out it will start but I get this message on the first restart-

    The memory address is insufficient due to intel thunderbolt resource consumption. The onboard thunderbolt is now disabled. For better system resource allocation strongly suggest enter bios... manually disable the unused I/O peripheral controllers (reccomended items: SATA / LAN / WIFI / Thunderbolt Controller)

    Doesn't anybody have an insight as to why it won't accept the the card in these slots?

    schmozilla, Jan 25, 2015
  2. schmozilla

    Srinivas Gopalam

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2015
    which motherboard company produced first without serial port motherboard

    Srinivas Gopalam, Feb 9, 2015