    Has anyone used a Zalman CNP6000 Cu on their A7V266E board ? I'd like to use
    this cooler but it looks as if the fins will interfear with the memory
    sticks. Maybe with low prifile sticks .... hmmm

    M Brundage, Oct 13, 2004

  2. M Brundage

    Paul Busby Guest

    Yes, it will fit but does make inserting/removing the RAM in the bank
    nearest the CPU more difficult. I was using standard height RAM sticks. At
    one point, I couldn't get RAM to fit the closest socket, so I used the
    outside ones (2x Crucial 256MB) without ill effects. With that big fan, you
    can pull out the NB fan connector to reduce noise without the expense of
    buying a Zalman passive h/s.

    I damaged this m/b, replaced it with a A7N8X-E deluxe & the Flower Cooler
    cleared the PSU OK (CPU socket rotated by 90degrees on this m/b).

    Regards

    Paul Busby, Oct 14, 2004

  3. M Brundage

    M Brundage Guest

    thanks Paul,

    I can't wait to get rid of the squawking Valcano 6 that's in there now !

    M Brundage, Oct 14, 2004
  4. M Brundage

    Paul Busby Guest

    Now this is getting creepy - /I/ had an early model of the Volcano 6 (sounds
    like one) before I fitted the Zalman! The newer CNPS7000B Cu is a better
    bet - is quieter, will fit more m/bs if you upgrade & bolts straight onto
    your board rather than clipping onto the CPU socket. Either model is very
    heavy!! If you scrap the idea of the Zalman NB cooler, you'll end only
    paying a little more. Here's the compatibility chart:
    http://www.zalman.co.kr/product/cooler/7000(AB)_462MBlist_eng.htm
    Fitting instructions are linked to that page.

    I've just installed a pair of Hitachi SATA 80GB drives which replace 2 noisy
    WD1000JBs & I can now hear my Enermax PSU fans! Quiet computing is a hobby
    but still have some way to go, funds permitting. As has been suggested,
    remove the fan but not the mounting from the NB cooler will be slightly
    advantageous.

    Paul

    Paul Busby, Oct 15, 2004