    light. If it should have had a plastic layer, I will consider returning it.

    Thanks,
    QZ

    QZ, Aug 8, 2004

  2. QZ

    h2so4 Guest

    I guess that all the technical high flyers here are at this very moment
    wrestling with the complex issue you raise. Perhaps they'll answer just as
    soon as they crack the mystery and agree on a consensus view. However, I
    wouldn't hold your breathe if I were you.

    h2so4, Aug 8, 2004

  3. QZ

    Oko Guest

    I have the Zalman CNPS 7000 -Cu installed and it did not have any
    plastic at the base of the heat sink. Instead, it came with a heat
    sink thermal grease . The base finish wasn't mirror perfect either.
    I have mine installed on an ASUS P4T533-C board with P4 3.06 G CPU.
    My board with is running at 27 C and CPU 37 C as I am writing this
    post. (MBM 5).

    Oko, Aug 12, 2004
  4. QZ

    Noozer Guest

    No plastic other than the packaging it comes in... The metal is bare. It's
    also not very flat. You can run your fingernail over it and hear the machine
    marks.

    I'm going to pick up a bit of ultrafine sandpaper and try and smooth this
    thing out before I mount it.

    Noozer, Aug 13, 2004