  1. bdh

    bdh Guest

    Will this heat sink fit on the 8knxp?

    bdh, Oct 21, 2003

  2. It will fit as long as you either remove the fan from the DPS (which is what
    I did) or remove the DPS alltogether.

    Timothy Drouillard, Oct 21, 2003

  3. bdh

    bdh Guest

    And thats the 7000 series? 7000A?
    What temps are you running? what speed CPU?
    If you'll give me a little more info to make a more informed decision I
    would apreciate it. Thanks in advance

    bdh, Oct 21, 2003
  4. bdh

    Tim Guest

    With the ALCU variant, temps are now 37c sort of idling with ambient of 25.
    Max is high 40s.
    Not overclocked.

    Thoroughly recommend the ALCU - it is on the max weight specification from
    Intel. The alll copper job is slightly better, but significantly heavier.
    Many recommend to check the seating of the heatsink if you move the PC
    around. I forgot about mine and took my PC on a 200Km drive the other day to
    a customer site. Didn't chech the heatsink before I fired up the PC, but all
    is 100% - ALCU though.

    As the other Tim says, remove the DPS or its fan (I have no DPS at all -
    haven't for a couple of months or more), and note that the first RAM stick
    is inaccessible once the heatsink is in.

    No qualms at all. I would prefer to see these sold with the CPU's -
    wonderfully quiet.

    - Tim

    Tim, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Mine is the CNPS7000A-Cu attached to a 3.2Ghz cpu.

    Temps range from 38-40 at idle to 54-55 under full load.

    I think the olny difference with the A version it that it also fits the new
    AMD socket 754.

    Timothy Drouillard, Oct 22, 2003
  6. bdh

    bdh Guest

    I changed my order from the 6500 to the 7000 CU
    I'm running 48 - 50c normal. Full load jumps to mid 60's
    This is with the intel stock heat sink (I wonder if I applied the thermal
    paste correctly).
    I'm expecting the 7000 to drop it down to the high 30's and mid 50's full
    load.

    bdh, Oct 22, 2003
  7. bdh

    Bob Davis Guest

    From my experience, I think that's what you'll see depending on your ambient
    temps.

    Bob Davis, Oct 23, 2003
  8. bdh

    bdh Guest

    I installed the 7000 tonight. I'm running 44C normal and under load (ati
    gargoyle) it got up to 56C - 58C. Considerably cooler than before (66C)
    VERY quiet.

    bdh, Oct 23, 2003